Collect Sound Signals from the 8 Microphones

Hi, I have a few matrix creators and I have been doing some wonderful things with them.

I’ve been wondering if there is a way to collect sound signals directly from the 8 microphones on a matrix? so that one file for each channel.

I have no problem with saving audio raw files provided by ODAS. But now I want to collect sound before it goes into ODAS.

I’d appreciate it if someone can point me in the right direction. Thank you!

@yihanhuucsd,

You have presented an interesting case!

Currently, as our kernel modules are structured, only one application such as ODAS, can utilize the ALSA microphones at a time. This makes it difficult for ALSA to record while ODAS is running. A change in the kernel modules to mitigate this is on our minds. You can provide input on what features you would like to see developed here.

I have, however, heard that there is a way to record audio using ODAS (somewhere in its API) but I have not researched and tried this yet. Another idea is using a C++ ALSA library wrapper to programmatically record in the matrix-odas.cpp file itself.

These are some ideas you can get started with and if you give me some time, I will let you know what I find as well.

Best,
Samreen