Device Error { status: 'error', status_code: 401, error: 'You don\'t have permissions on the device requested' } API Error: 401 - You don't have permissions on the device requested

Trying to run matrix-os for the first time, but I keep receiving this error as the lights go round and round:
Device Error { status: ‘error’,
status_code: 401,
error: ‘You don’t have permissions on the device requested’ }
API Error: 401 - You don’t have permissions on the device requested

I also had a permissions error:
permission denied, open '/home/pi/matrix-os/db/service.db’
which was solved with chmod 777 db/*

Can I install the cli and os on the Raspberry? Is that the problem?
DC

Hey @dcole,

Can you please provide the steps you followed? This seems like you haven’t registered the device in the CLI up to this point. Please let us know.

Hi Brian,
I installed the CLI and Matrix-os. I registered, logged in, registered the device, added the device id and secret as an environment variable (tried both .envrc and .bash_profile, .bash_profile ‘stuck’ better after a reboot). I ran through the steps on https://matrix-io.github.io/matrix-documentation/ . When I run ‘matrix’ from the pi’s prompt it show me logged in and the device id, so it looks like it is registered through the cli, but the matrix-os dosen’t seem to connect or pull the id even though it is there. I am about to uninstall or re-flash raspbian and try again. I am putting the cli and os on the same box as the same user. Is that an issue?

Don

I found the issue. The device secret had a space added in the key that I hadn’t noticed. Seems to be working now. Thanks!

I do have another issue in the sensor test app. Matrix-os reports ‘ACCELEROMETER sensor is not available as a component’. Has it not yet been released? I see it on the board.

Hi @dcole,

Sorry about the long delay. So, the Accelerometer is already online. Although there is a little problem with it for now but our team is working really hard, so stay tuned for new releases :slight_smile: