Error with Alexa Pi

Hi!

I had a working Alexa Pi with no issues at all and decided to get the Matrix Creator. I followed all the steps mentioned here and now with the Matrix Creator its not working at all. The Matrix Creator just has a blue flashing Led and thats it. Do i have to do something else as well apart from the steps mentioned above?

Alexa WakeWord ALSA Error

Hi, please run next command and paste output:
dpkg -l | grep -i pulse

ii libpulse-mainloop-glib0:armhf 5.0-13 armhf PulseAudio client libraries (glib support)
ii libpulse0:armhf 5.0-13 armhf PulseAudio client libraries
ii libpulsedsp:armhf 5.0-13 armhf PulseAudio OSS pre-load library
ii pulseaudio 5.0-13 armhf PulseAudio sound server
ii pulseaudio-module-bluetooth 5.0-13 armhf Bluetooth module for PulseAudio sound server
ii pulseaudio-module-x11 5.0-13 armhf X11 module for PulseAudio sound server
ii pulseaudio-utils 5.0-13 armhf Command line tools for the PulseAudio sound server

Also

INFO:main: Starting Wake Word Agent
INFO:WakeWordAgent: State set to IDLE(2)
INFO:Initializing Sensory library | library name: TrulyHandsfree | library version: 5.0.0-avs.4 | model file: ../ext/resources/spot-alexa-rpi.snsr
WARNING:Library expires on: License expires on 28 Jul 2017 00:00:00 GMT
ALSA lib pcm.c:2239:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM sc
INFO:SensoryWakeWordEngine: mainLoop thread started
ERROR:An error happened in the mainLoop of SensoryWakeWord snsrRun(): task: Input channel audio-pcm: ALSA error: No such file or directory
INFO:SensoryWakeWordEngine: mainLoop thread ended
INFO:WakeWordIPCSocket::mainLoop thread started
INFO:WakeWordIPCSocket: init socket on port:5123
INFO:WakeWordAgent: thread started

We detected pulseaudio had conflicts with ALSA. Please try unistalling all pulseaudio packages and then reboot device. Please confirm your ALSA config like on this document. Too we will working on that.

I removed pulse audio and its still not working. Saying Alexa does not wake the board up, but if i manually click the Listen button, The speaker makes it sound like its listening, but the microphone does not seem to be picking up anything. I placed the file as it is, but its stilling giving me errors regarding PCM, as shown below. Any idea of whats happening? I dont think i am missing any dependencies as alexa was working perfectly fine on my rpi with the wake word before i connected the Matrix Creator.

INFO: *** THREAD JOINING: Sensory ***
INFO:WakeWordAgent: State set to WAKE_WORD_PAUSED(6)
INFO:WakeWordAgent: IPC Command received:4
INFO:WakeWordAgent: State set to WAKE_WORD_RESUME_REQUESTED(7)
INFO:SensoryWakeWordEngine: handling resume
ALSA lib pcm.c:2239:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM sc
INFO:SensoryWakeWordEngine: mainLoop thread started
INFO:WakeWordAgent: State set to IDLE(2)
ERROR:An error happened in the mainLoop of SensoryWakeWord snsrRun(): task: Input channel audio-pcm: ALSA error: No such file or directory
INFO:SensoryWakeWordEngine: mainLoop thread ende

this is a old problem on sensory library: (link), maybe your repo is old. Please run the next commands in

cd samples/wakeWordAgent/sensory/alexa-rpi/
git pull origin master
git reset --hard
./bin/license.sh
cp ./lib/libsnsr.a ../../ext/lib/
cp ./include/snsr.h ../../ext/include/
cp ./models/*.snsr ../../ext/resources/
cp ./models/spot-alexa-rpi-31000.snsr ../../ext/resources/spot-alexa-rpi.snsr
cd ../../src
make
./wakeWordAgent -e sensory

Maybe also run the Alexa main script for upgrade all environment

Ok so i was finally able to make it work. I had to reformat everything and do everything all over again. Alexa works fine now :smiley:. HOWEVER, the Led’s are not lighting up at all like they do in the demo video. What am i missing now?

Oh very good, I’m feel happy already works for you!. The Everloop LEDs with Alexa is coming soon , is not public yet, we are working on it.

For now you will can build a wakeWordAgent like this. (for build you also include CMakeLists.txt changes.)

How do you do? thanks man

How do you do? thanks man 123

i’m run follow: https://www.instructables.com/id/Build-DIY-Amazon-Alexa-With-a-MATRIX-Creator-on-Ha/

i’m have error sam of you

help me, i don’t no work continue

Are you having problems with the SAM microcontroller ? Can you elaborate more about the error?

Thanks

Yoel