Help with this warning on bluetooth

Hello

When start matrix os, I receive the warning as in the screenshot below related to Bluetooth permission

“Either you don’t have a Bluetooth device enabled or you need to give Node permission to use it without sudo.
In order to do that you can use the command sudo setcap cap_net_raw+ eip $(eval readlink - fwhich node)”

I don’t understand the command well. Anyone can help? Thank you.

Same issue here. I did a completely new install. Same problem.
Quite frankly I’m surprised there hasn’t been a reply to this question yet.

Hi @nieleyde and @canh

Did you run the command? It’s basically telling bluetooth that node is authorized to use it without having to give it explicit permissions every time. If you ran it and got an error, or you are still getting this message from matrix os, please confirm.

The command that pops up is formatted a bit wrong. It should be this:

sudo setcap cap_net_raw+eip $(eval readlink -f `which node`)

I turned on the bluetooth and the warning went away

I got this issue when I tried to link matrix cli and matrix os through different two stand along device (my laptop and raspberrypi with moniter connected).
After I switch to the way which need to use ssh to remotely access the raspberrypi, and the error gone away.

Hi, I’m encountering the same issue.

I ran the command:
sudo setcap cap_net_raw+eip $(eval readlink -f ‘which node’)

Received:
Failed to set capabilities on file ‘/home/pi/which’ (Invalid Argument)
The value of the capability argument is not permitted for a file. Or the file is not a regular (non-symlink) file

@dmduvalle that’s a strange error. did you use backticks (`) or quotes (’) in that command? it needs to be be backticks ( unshifted tilde key left of the 1 )

That fixed the problem. Thanks Sean!