`Illegal instruction` when running `wakeWordAgent`

When I try to run wakeWordAgent I get:

INFO:main: Starting Wake Word Agent
INFO:WakeWordAgent: State set to IDLE(2)
INFO:Initializing Sensory library | library name: TrulyHandsfree | library version: 5.0.0-beta.10.2 | model file: ../ext/resources/spot-alexa-rpi.snsr
Illegal instruction

Thought it might be related to not being able to compile tests (but apparently that’s not the case):

CMakeFiles/wakeWordAgentTest.dir/home/pi/SfTd/pi-alexa-test/alexa-avs-sample-app/samples/wakeWordAgent/src/WakeWordAgent.cpp.o: In function `AlexaWakeWord::WakeWordAgent::mainLoop()':
WakeWordAgent.cpp:(.text+0x838): undefined reference to `matrix_hal::WishboneBus::WishboneBus()'
WakeWordAgent.cpp:(.text+0x84c): undefined reference to `matrix_hal::WishboneBus::SpiInit()'
WakeWordAgent.cpp:(.text+0x860): undefined reference to `matrix_hal::Everloop::Everloop()'
WakeWordAgent.cpp:(.text+0x89c): undefined reference to `matrix_hal::MatrixDriver::Setup(matrix_hal::WishboneBus*)'
WakeWordAgent.cpp:(.text+0xadc): undefined reference to `matrix_hal::Everloop::Write(matrix_hal::EverloopImage const*)'
WakeWordAgent.cpp:(.text+0xc94): undefined reference to `matrix_hal::Everloop::Write(matrix_hal::EverloopImage const*)'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
CMakeFiles/wakeWordAgentTest.dir/build.make:566: recipe for target 'wakeWordAgentTest' failed
make[2]: *** [wakeWordAgentTest] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:67: recipe for target 'CMakeFiles/wakeWordAgentTest.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/wakeWordAgentTest.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:83: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

hal demos, companionService, javaclient work without issues (push to talk works).

Maybe someone can help?

As discussed here.

Updated my post. When running wakeWordAgent I get:

INFO:Initializing Sensory library | library name: TrulyHandsfree | library version: 5.0.0-beta.10.2 | model file: ../ext/resources/spot-alexa-rpi.snsr
Illegal instruction

Thought that reason is related to failing tests but as I see it might be wrong assumption.

you need to run:

./wakeWordAgent -e sensory

Yep. That’s exactly what I do:

./wakeWordAgent -e sensory
Illegal instruction

hmm are you running on raspbian stretch, eventually check if the latest version of libmatrixio are installed, as mentioned in the other post. my fresh compiled wakeWordAgent runs without failing. strange anyway.

RaspberryPi 2B, Raspbian Stretch.

I did fresh raspibian install and followed install instructions from (https://gist.github.com/yoelrc88/4df958979c1c2bd86f5d5c2b4c14d343 and https://www.hackster.io/matrix-labs/matrix-voice-running-alexa-demo-in-hands-free-mode-404aa3).

hal demos all work without issues.

ah ok i’m running on a pi 3 so maybe a problem with pi 2, eventually someone with a pi 2 can help you here,

@SfTd I will try to replicate this and get back to you soon .

Yoel

Have you found anything?

Cheers.

1 character, 2 characters, … 20 characters.

Hey @SfTd,

Sorry for the long wait.

The guide you were following used an example app that Amazon marked in “maintenance mode”. We have released a new easier guide for Alexa demo that you can following here.

Let me know how it goes.

-Yoel