IR not correctly firing

I’ve followed along with https://github.com/matrix-io/matrix-creator-ir-test this. It seems as if its correctly saving the codes but it isn’t firing.

I have tried with all of the IR controllers in my house to no success…

Here is the codes.json
{"source": [9088, 4449, 629, 498, 629, 498, 629, 498, 629, 498, 629, 498, 629, 498, 629, 1634, 629, 498, 629, 1634, 629, 1634, 629, 1634, 629, 1634, 629, 1634, 629, 1634, 629, 498, 629, 1634, 629, 1634, 629, 498, 629, 1634, 629, 1634, 629, 1634, 629, 498, 629, 498, 629, 498, 629, 498, 629, 1634, 629, 498, 629, 498, 629, 498, 629, 1634, 629, 1634, 629, 1634, 629]}

and i am using this to fire the code directly from the PI

python ir_remote.py -p -g13 -f codes.json source

I recorded the code using:
python ir_remote.py -r -g16 -f codes.json source

Its hard to debug but im hopeful I can get this working! Is there anything obvious I have missed?

Hi @joshcrowder. It seems that the matrix-creator-init package was not installed. Running the following command should install it.

sudo apt-get install matrixio-creator-init

Then use the command below to reboot your Raspberry Pi.

sudo reboot

Let us know if this resolves your issue.

hi @Carlos it is already installed. I am just not seeing any errors.

Can you share the output of the following command on your Pi?

dpkg -l | grep matrix

sure things.

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ dpkg -l | grep matrix
ii  libmatrixio-creator-hal:armhf     0.3.7                             armhf        Hardware Abstraction Layer for MATRIX.
ii  libmatrixio-malos:armhf           0.1.3                             armhf        Libraries of MATRIX abstraction layer for MOS
ii  libmatrixio-malos-dev             0.1.3                             armhf        Libraries of MATRIX abstraction layer for MOS
ii  libmatrixio-protos:armhf          0.1.5                             armhf        Protocolbuffers for MATRIX abstraction layer
ii  libmatrixio-protos-dev            0.1.5                             armhf        Protocolbuffers headers for MATRIX abstraction layer
ii  matrixio-creator-init             0.4.12                            armhf        Install scripts that can program the MATRIX Creator FPGA and SAM3 IMU.
ii  matrixio-kernel-modules           0.1.4                             armhf        Install kernel modules for MATRIX devices.
ii  matrixio-malos                    0.3.5                             armhf        Allows queries to MATRIX Creator hardware via ZMQ.
ii  matrixio-malos-wakeword           0.1.7                             armhf        Voice commands for MATRIX Creator hardware via ZMQ callback.
ii  matrixio-malos-zigbee             0.1.6                             armhf        Allows queries to MATRIX Creator hardware via ZMQ.
ii  matrixio-openocd                  1.0.1                             armhf        Open on-chip JTAG debug solution for ARM and MIPS systems
ii  matrixio-pocketsphinx             0.1.0                             armhf        This is PocketSphinx, one of Carnegie Mellon University's open source large
ii  matrixio-protobuf                 3.5.0                             armhf        Protocol Buffers - Google's data interchange format. (From GRPC 3.5.0)
ii  matrixio-sphinxbase               0.1.0                             armhf        This is PocketSphinx, one of Carnegie Mellon University's open source large
ii  matrixio-xc3sprog                 1.1.1                             armhf        Spartan3, XCF and CPLD JTAG programmer and other utilities.

Can you share the Raspberry Pi board you’re using and the OS installed on it?

Also, to make sure IR is properly working, can you aim an IR remote at your MATRIX Creator and press a few of the buttons. A small blue light should blink in response to each button press. Below is an image of what this should look like.

Im seeing a flashing light when i press anything on the remote, and when i fire using python ir_remote.py -p -g13 -f codes.json source i see the lights again.

In terms of install its a fresh raspbian lite install. I followed the guides to get it setup.

Since you’re using a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B with Raspbian Stretch installed, everything should be working properly.

The remaining possible issues I can think of are that the other installations you have on your Pi are interfering with the IR script or there’s an obstruction between the MATRIX Creator and what you’re trying to control.

To make sure, bring the MATRIX Creator as close as possible to what you’re trying to control. This is to make sure nothing gets in the way of the IR signal. If there’s still no change, it might be best to test from a fresh installation.

Hmm I can do a fresh install but this was the first thing I have tried to run so can’t imagine it’s that. I’ll give it a shot tomorrow and report back!

There are a few receivers which could be interfering so I’ll make sure to move those out of the way