Just updated, Alexa Sample App Quit Working

I just did an update/upgrade on the Matrix Creator and now my Alexa sample app quit working.

Here is result:

sudo ./startAlexa.sh
2018-10-07 21:07:31.400 [ 1] I sdkVersion: 1.7.0
ALSA lib pcm_hw.c:1713:(_snd_pcm_hw_open) Invalid value for card
2018-10-07 21:07:32.056 [ 1] C SampleApplication:Failed to create keyword detector!

Are you following this guide, MATRIX Voice and MATRIX Creator Running Alexa (C++ Version)?

Yes. It had worked for 3 months, but the update got me.

Any thoughts on the message it gave?

I found the section of the code that traps the error:

> // This observer is notified any time a keyword is detected and notifies the DefaultClient to start recognizing.
    auto keywordObserver =
        std::make_shared<alexaClientSDK::sampleApp::KeywordObserver>(client, wakeWordAudioProvider, espProvider);

m_keywordDetector = alexaClientSDK::kwd::KeywordDetectorProvider::create(
        sharedDataStream,
        compatibleAudioFormat,
        {keywordObserver},
        std::unordered_set<
            std::shared_ptr<alexaClientSDK::avsCommon::sdkInterfaces::KeyWordDetectorStateObserverInterface>>(),
        pathToInputFolder);
    if (!m_keywordDetector) {
        ACSDK_CRITICAL(LX("Failed to create keyword detector!"));
    }

In the past, when I had problems, it was due to an ALSA config file. However, the mic array demos all work fine. The wakeWordAudioProvider in this code, though, makes me think it has something to do with it, though.

I believe these updates aren’t due to the MATRIX packages, but more so due to Raspberry Pi related packages. Either way, it makes for a tough several hours to get my projects back going.

Thoughts?
-Sean

Got it going again. I reinstalled the Alexa app under a new directory. Luckily, I didn’t need to reinstall everything.

So, all is well again.

See ya’,
Sean