Malos z-wave installation issue

I’ve been trying work with the z-wave module by following the instructions at but the documentation seems to be missing some details.

Currently i’m stuck on the last part:

sudo apt install libreadline-dev libgflags-dev libzwaveip-dev

the problem is that the package libzwaveip-dev doesn’t exist anywhere. I tried to compile it from sources, but I can’t sudo make install (I opened an issue at

Am I missing something ? if there’s another way I can play with the z-wave module please let me know.

Hi @airslim,

We are finishing the support for zwave from Raspbian Stretch. So , for now please use Raspbian Jessie ( here ).

Regarding byilding the repository, its expected that you are getting make: *** No rule to make target 'install'. Stop . Thats because CMake can’t complete build the project and there is no Makefile rules for building anything. Once you can access the libzwaveip-dev package you should be able to buil de repository using the documentation you are following.

So, let us know how it goes with Raspbian Jessie. Will will let you know when the support for Raspbian Stretch is ready

Hey @yoelrc88,

Thanks for the reply.

You’re right, I got more luck compiling libzwaveip on Raspbian Jessie. Unfortunately I still can’t compile matrix-malos-zwave, make fails with the error:

[ 75%] Building CXX object src/CMakeFiles/malos_zwave.dir/malos_zwave.cpp.o
In file included from /usr/include/matrix_malos/driver_manager.h:23:0,
                 from /home/pi/matrix-malos-zwave/src/malos_zwave.cpp:22:
/usr/include/matrix_malos/malos_base.h:15:29: fatal error: ./src/driver.pb.h: No such file or directory
 #include "./src/driver.pb.h"
compilation terminated.
src/CMakeFiles/malos_zwave.dir/build.make:62: recipe for target 'src/CMakeFiles/malos_zwave.dir/malos_zwave.cpp.o' failed
make[2]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/malos_zwave.dir/malos_zwave.cpp.o] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:158: recipe for target 'src/CMakeFiles/malos_zwave.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/malos_zwave.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:127: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

Any update ? this is a critical issue for me, I bought 2 units especially for using with z-wave and zigbee!

Is there any way I can access the z-wave module beside MOS and MALOS ?

This is critical for me also and I’m on Jessie already. Still can’t get to libzwaveip-dev. Any update?

Hello @airslim and @Gmaker

We are working on a new release in order to support:

• PulseAudio --> Pyaudio
  • ZigBee and Zwave support.

We are working on the kernel space, in order to support a native serial port interface (/dev/ttyMATRIX0) and a complete microphone driver (PulseAudio).

MATRIX kernel driver software:

Also, we update the Zwave repositories in order to support both raspbian distributions. Now we are working on the update the documentation and prepare a demo.

Thank You for your patience, we are working hard in order to finish the support for Zwave software.

Best Regards,

Kevin Patino and MATRIX Labs team.

[Solved] How to start recording
Updated malos and matrixio drivers

Is there an update on this as to when these will be released? I for one look forward to the pulse audio/pyaudio integration that will help with projects like python-pocketsphinx and other projects that rely on pyaudio/pulseaudio “out-of-the-box”.