Matrix OS installation issue

Hello, I’m having a problem while trying to install Matrix OS. I have gone through all the troubleshooting topics similar to mine on this site but to no avail.

When I try to run
NODE_ENV=rc node index.js

I get the following:

bleno warning: adapter state unauthorized, please run as root or with sudo
or see README for information on running without root/sudo:
https://github.com/sandeepmistry/bleno#running-on-linux
Missing registration information! This device is not correctly configured.
You can register and pair via Bluetooth to your device using the MATRIX mobile a pps.
Alternatively, you can use MATRIX CLI to register the device manually to then ad d the MATRIX_DEVICE_ID and MATRIX_DEVICE_SECRET variables.

If you continue to have problems, please reach out to our support forums at http ://community.matrix.one
hb: sen> [] svc> []
Either you don’t have a Bluetooth device enabled or you need to give Node permis sion to use it without sudo.
In order to do that you can use the command sudo setcap cap_net_raw+eip $(eval r eadlink -f which node)

I have tried using sudo chmod 777 db/* but it doesnt help. I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the OS, running it with sudo, etc. I have also downgraded to node.js v6.5 because I read that that might be the problem. If anyone could help me out here it would be greatly appreciated.

After doing some digging I think I have found the issue. I ran the installation script line by line and found that this line wouldn’t execute:

auth bluetooth for node

sudo setcap cap_net_raw+eip $(eval readlink -f ‘which node’);

Apparently this line is formatted wrong. It should be :

sudo setcap cap_net_raw+eip $(eval readlink -f which node);

(using ` instead of ’ )

Nice catch. Going to fix this. Thanks @joslingk :slight_smile:

I’m having this issue/error message but I have no idea how to change this in the installation script. What should I do?

Hi @mamboozo, Is the the same issue? Strange error on installation

@yoelrc88 this was the original error I was receiving. I did more research and thought I found some solutions (chmod 777 made the bluetooth error go away), but ended up with the error I reported here: Strange error on installation