Matrix Voice- Mic Audio Processed and output thru 3.5mm

Hi i have a Matrix voice and Matrix creator and need to get processed mic audio out the 3.5mm from the mics only. This will be a stand alone setup and test, so i will be using the matrix voice. When i say processed, i mean beamformed, AEC’d Noise cancelled audio that is primarily human voice, as opposed to background noise. Also, can i use the 3.5mm to feed a AEC reference to the Matrix Voice?

No update from the Matrix Team?

Hi @bob256k,

Welcome to the community!

Thank you for your patience, I was double checking to make sure I provide you with the right answers.

Currently, the MATRIX Voice does not have beam forming & AEC implemented on the FPGA. So, if you want those features on the standalone version, you would need to program those on the Spartan 6 FPGA yourself.

We have a beam forming implementation in our lowest abstraction layer, MATRIX HAL, on the Raspberry Pi. So, you could use that algorithm in C++ for the MATRIX Voice + RPi.

For the AEC, the 3.5mm jack is only for audio output, and so you would not be able to feed a reference to it.

One of our community members, @Romkabouter, did create an MQTT audio streamer with a standalone MATRIX Voice for Snips. You can look into this if it piques your interest/could work for your use case.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Best,
Samreen

When you said :

For the AEC, the 3.5mm jack is only for audio output, and so you would not be able to feed a reference to it.

Does live mic audio come out of the 3.5mm or is it audio playback of files?

When you said :

Does live mic audio come out of the 3.5mm or is it audio playback of files?

@bob256k,

It is generally audio playback of files. Though, you can also store data in a buffer, and play it back as the buffer gets filled. That is what Rom is doing in their audio streamer application.

Another note, the MATRIX Voice audio jack currently only supports 44100 Hz 16 bit stereo output.

Best,
Samreen

I setup and deployed Rom’s code to a Matrix Voice, and according to the LEDs it is working , but i hear nothing from the 3.5mm. Thoughts? i will get the MQTT side setup with Snips.ai, but i need analog audio output of the mics for my application.

@bob256k,

I haven’t setup Rom’s audio streamer all the way with MQTT myself, but from their code it seems that the playback may not occur till the MQTT topics are set up and subscribed to.

I plan on playing around with audio output from the standalone MATRIX Voice soon. I can update you with what I find when I do as well.

Best,
Samreen