Matrix Voice With Touchscreen and Raspberry Pi

I ordered one of those 7 inch raspberry pi touch screens. I need some help hooking it up because the touch screen uses some of the jumpers the Matrix plugs into. My ultimate goal with this is have the pi (running android) connected to screen and Matrix voice via bluetooth. I want to replace my car stereo with this setup and want the matrix to act as a bluetooth mic for phone calls or commands.

@Dominique,

Apologies for the delayed response. Cool idea!

Are you using the MATRIX Voice ESP32 version? If so, there may be a way to program it to be a standalone Bluetooth mic, detached from the Raspberry Pi, in which case your monitor could easily plug into the Pi. You would just need to externally power the MATRIX Voice which you could do through the micro-USB.

I have not seen any community implementations of this yet and we have not tried it ourselves but it should be possible. Here is a WiFi version of the project for reference.

If you have a MATRIX Voice Standard version, you could potentially have both the screen and the MATRIX Voice attached to the Pi. It would depend on which pins the screen needs. If those pins are not being used by the MATRIX Voice as exhibited in this pinout diagram, then they can be routed to the MATRIX Voice’s expansion GPIO pins on the top through the FPGA for use.

Let me know your situation and I can try to point you in the a potential direction!

Best,
Samreen

Hello! Oh im so happy someone finally responded to me. Yes I have the standalone version. The screen requires a 5v and also a ground. Thats all.

@Dominique,

That’s good news! You can access 5V and GND from the top expansion GPIO pins on the MATRIX Voice.

Best,
Samreen