Playing audio out of speaker connector on Matrix Voice

I have connected two speakers to the speaker connectors and wondering if there is a trick to playing audio out of them.

currently i think there is no way using the headphone jack as standard output device in linux, but they are going to release kernel modules soon:

For the moment you can use in the hal drivers to test the output, as discussed here:

Any progress? Having this would be really great.

Any News About playing Audio out of Speaker connector?
Its a Long time to wait for this

Is this now working? Want to use the provided feature of noise cancelling with the matrix voice audio output.

Again. How can i use the audio Jack of the amtrix voice as default speaker with alsa?
Think i must by a respeaker ich the feature with ANC does not work.

Any update? I think I own the board now for a year, basic speaker output still missing.

Since matrix voice does not provide support, I ordered ReSpeaker from Seeed
ReSpeaker 2-mic pi Hat/4-mic pi Hat/6-mic pi Hat WORKS right away and is cheaper.
Sorry guys this realy sucks

Hi milode, thanks for the tip. I just did the order for a ReSpeaker 6-Mic Circular Array Kit for Raspberry Pi. Finally I can complete my build :grin:

Any updates on MV speaker out?

Not yet @sysctl,

Hi @yoelrc88,
now it is mid of November!
What about playing audio out of speaker connecor on Matrix Voice??
it’s really bitter to pay 50USD for a device that can only be used as an LED ring.
You should rename it to “Matrix SILENT”.
Is it possible to get the money back for it?

I responded in the other conversacion :slight_smile:

Also check out here and let us now how it goes. Glad to help !

-Yoel

I would connect via 3.5mm jack my matrix voice to a raspberry pi 3+. Can I use matrix voice as microphone and catch audio streaming in my raspberry? You can see from picture what I mean:

Do you have any solution different from esp32 or GPIO connections? thanks

Euh, you have a red cable between two audio OUTPUT jacks.
This will NOT work

There is NO other solution other than esp32 or GPIO

Consider this example: matrix Voice 3.5mm jack is for audio output, so I assume that if I connect it to a mic in of my usb audio card (connected to my raspberry Pi 3+) it will works or am I wrong?
thanks
Salva

If you’d write an ESP32 program which reads from the MicArray and outputs it via the 3.5 jack that might work. But reading and writing to the spi bus at the same time will crash your eps32 so you will have to create two tasks with a mutex between them.

On the picture is no usb card or is the picture unclear?

So still no way other than esp32 or GPIO

Hi Rom!

1. At the moment I’m able to register through ESP32 thanks by your phyton code and also through GPIO, but there are differences in quality of the files. Moving away from matrix voice, I observed that the ESP32 registration is very low in volume;
  2. My main problem is that I have no C code for ESP32;
    3)Yes in this picture i haven’t the usb audio card.
    Thanks!

For C code, start here:

https://matrix-io.github.io/matrix-documentation/matrix-voice/esp32/

As usual thanks for support Rom! I’ll let you know :wink: