Pocketsphinx demos won't compile anymore

I’ve figured this out, but am leaving the post here in the event someone else encounters this issue.

For some reason the include files (usr/include/wishbone.h) and one or two other are no
longer on my Rpi3. I re-installed matrix-creator-hal. Not sure why it disappeared, but I found the similar versions of the pocketshinx demos reside in matrix-creator-hal and by modifying
the pocketshpinx demos to use the includes in the matrix-created=hal demos, I can now compile the demos and my own programs.

Maybe this will be useful to someone else.

I’ve coded some .cpp programs based on the Pocketsphinx demo programs. I recently started seeing errors in logs when they executed. This led me to compile some of the Pocketsphinx demos which are included with the matrix-creator-pocketsphinx.git package. I’ve had this package installed and working for several months, but now some of the demo programs will not compile. The errors are:

arc_demo.cpp:(.text+0x20): undefined reference to matrix_hal::WishboneBus::WishboneBus()' arc_demo.cpp:(.text+0x34): undefined reference tomatrix_hal::WishboneBus::SpiInit()’
arc_demo.cpp:(.text+0x84): undefined reference to `matrix_hal::MatrixDriver::Setup(matrix_hal::WishboneBus*)’ matrix-creator-pocketsphinx

Haven’t changed my environment at all other than occasionally running sudo apt-get update and sudo apt-get upgrade.

Tried to re-install the matrix-creator-pocketsphinx, but the following command:

make -j $(nproc)

now fails with similar errors, such as:

fatal error: matrix_hal/wishbone_bus.h: No such file or directory
#include “matrix_hal/wishbone_bus.h”

Apparently, the wishbone_bus component is no longer on my system.

Can anyone suggest where these wishbone libraries(?) should be located, and/or how I might correct these errors?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

My system is an Rpi3 with Stretch Lite and running Openhab2 for home automation.