Problem about Configure MATRIX Creator Alexa Demo

Hello community

A question abut ALEXA DEMO.

I’ve follow this instruction to install

But when I went to Step 12 : Configure MATRIX Creator Alexa Demo - 2
run the auth_web.py , it show the error

pi@raspberrypi:~/matrix-creator-alexa-voice-demo ./auth_web.py & [24] 4109 pi@raspberrypi:~/matrix-creator-alexa-voice-demo Traceback (most recent call last):
File “./auth_web.py”, line 3, in
import cherrypy
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/cherrypy/init.py”, line 73, in
from ._cptools import default_toolbox as tools, Tool
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/cherrypy/_cptools.py”, line 33, in
from cherrypy.lib import auth_basic, auth_digest
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/cherrypy/lib/auth_digest.py”, line 26, in
from six.moves.urllib.parse import unquote_to_bytes
ImportError: cannot import name unquote_to_bytes

[24] Exit 1 ./auth_web.py
pi@raspberrypi:~/matrix-creator-alexa-voice-demo $

And for Step 13: Configure MATRIX Creator Alexa Demo - 3
There is no micarray directory. How to do that?

Someone has a solution?

Hi @bluegreen,

This guide is a bit outdated. The demo from Alexa that is based on has been deprecated from Amazon. We have a newer version on Hackster that uses the Alexa SDK, please see: MATRIX Voice and MATRIX Creator Running Alexa (C++ Version).

We should definitely at least add a message to this old version on Instructables with the link for the new one. Thanks for bringing this up.

Let us know how it goes and if you need more help.

Yoel

Hi,yoelrc88

I’ve followed your URL instructions step by step and add client ID ,client secret ,product ID to config.txt. But when I run " bash ./setup.sh ./config.txt" and after typed “AGREE”, It showed
################################################################################
################################################################################
AGREE
Proceeding with installation
make: *** No rule to make target ‘SampleApp’. Stop.

Why this problem?

Hi @bluegreen, When following this guide we recommend to start from scratch, from a SD card just Raspbian Stretch. Have you tested that already?

-Yoel

Hi,

I’ve tested Raspbian stretch SD card with matrix creator before. It’s well. Or maybe I missed something else?

I’ve re tried this guide step by step again but the same problem.

Hi @bluegreen,

This setup.sh script assumes that the first time you run it there is no previous installation folders in home/pi . Can you double check that ? can you share the output of :

ls /home/pi

Thank you

That’s what I got

Please, if possible, remove the folders

• build
  • avs-devices-sdk
  • db
  • sounds
  • thirdparty
    and try the setup.sh again.

better than this is to try from scratch (fresh SD with Raspbian)

-Yoel