[SOLVED] Cannot get anything running - something broken?

Hi,

I received my board (with rpi3 and pre-loaded SDCard) today. I started to run the demos and none of them are working - I try to figure out what the problem might be. I followed the sample by the letter - still nothing is working.

I started with a new copy of pre-loaded SDCard. I booted the RPi up (first time) and checked with netstat that malos is running.

When I kill it and restart it - this is what I get:

pi@matrix:~ $ sudo pkill -9 malos
    pi@matrix:~ $ malos
    MALOS starting

can't open device
    You can query specific driver info using port 20012.
    Registered driver IMU with port 20013.
    Registered driver Humidity with port 20017.
    Registered driver Everloop with port 20021.
    Registered driver Pressure with port 20025.
    Registered driver UV with port 20029.
    Registered driver ZigbeeBulb with port 20033.
    can't send spi message
    can't send spi message
    can't send spi message
    Registered driver MicArray_Alsa with port 20037.
    can't send spi message
    Registered driver Lirc with port 20041.
    can't send spi message
    can't send spi message
    can't send spi message

is this expected ? - I see in a different session that malos is listening at the ports - but still nothing is working.

Any suggestion is appreciated

Thanks
Dirk

Hi Dirk,

Can you show what step you followed for this test. That would help us to find what could be happening. Also, it seems dumb to ask but, did you try to reboot and start again ?

Yoel

The steps from above are the once I did - and yes, I re-started it many times.

But, today I installed a clean “Raspbian Jessie Lite” from raspberrypi.org - than I followed the steps from the malos installation (https://matrix-io.github.io/matrix-documentation/MALOS/overview/) and the led demos were working - compass and the other sensors still show 0.

I found that I should run “sudo /usr/share/admobilize/matrix-creator/sam3-program.bash” - and this finally did the trick. Now all demo’s work and I can start “playing”.

Note: I tried again with the old sd-card (the one with the pre-loaded system) -still not working.

Thanks
Dirk

Hi Dirk,

Great work ! Its kind of weird what happened with the SD card, I personally tried to replicate that with the same image here and I didn’t have that problem.

Good to know you are up and running with Matrix Creator.
Share your projects and issues and stay tuned for updates here in the community!

Yoel

Hi Dirk,

Where can I download the image?
I also both new RPI3 i also can reproduce this test.

Hi Greenfield,

The image I used was the offical Raspbian.
I used the Lite version found here: https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/raspbian/

Cheers
Dirk

oke Matrix_indiegogo understand.
Is ther a preinstalled version avaible?