[Solved] How to start recording

With nodejs this should help you:

For all other snowboy implementations take a look into the Readme and maybe the other examples:

1 Like

Hi,

Just started to play with the mic array and I’m having the same issue as @bagofchips. arecord works fine but with pyaudio always crashes with “Bad file descriptor”. Any update on this issue?

ALSA lib pcm_file.c:358:(snd_pcm_file_write_bytes) write failed: Bad file descriptor
ALSA lib pcm_file.c:358:(snd_pcm_file_write_bytes) write failed: Bad file descriptor
python3: pcm_file.c:397: snd_pcm_file_add_frames: Assertion `file->wbuf_used_bytes < file->wbuf_size_bytes’ failed.
Aborted

@Mexolotl is that the synthetic beam-formed channel that the Creator exposes, or is that just a single channel?

@evan mic_channel8 is the beamformed channel. mic_channel0-7 are the single channels. As the Voice only has 7 mics, it may be different.

Hey @duoduo999, did you manage to get the “Bad file descriptor” issues solved? I’m trying to run the google assistant SDK and I’m running into that same error. Both when I try the plain SDK or when trying to run the AIY Voicekit.

My arecord and aplay work fine, without any need for --device specified. So I think my asound config is set up correctly. Still running into that error though.

We are just days about releasing the mics python support … stay tuned guys!

1 Like

@yoelrc88 that’s great news!
Does this mean SDK’s like Google Assistant will be able to work with the mic while running Core? Or do we need Matrix OS for it?

Just with Core service running :slight_smile: … excited too !

Excellent! Keep up the good work :smiley:

Does this mean, that the mic will be available as real ALSA Device, so that it can also be used with pulseaudio ? :heart_eyes:

Yes, exactly like that.

2 Likes

Soon was several months, now it’s days :slight_smile: This remembers me of Einstein’s relativity theory: All customers stay on earth while the company moves with high speed. With other words, it’s totally normal from both perspectives :smile:

@yoelrc88 it’s friday here, almost end of the week. Any news on the updates? Can we have it before the weekend? Pretty please!? :smiley:

I guess that’s a no… :stuck_out_tongue:

@yoelrc88 can you give a status update?

Still nothing? :frowning:
We don’t mind when stuff come later, but some communication would be appreciated!

Hi guys, working hard here to deliver as soon as possible. Really appreciate your support and patience.
Maybe it’ll take a bit longer, but as soon as we have something that you can start to play with I will be share it here.

Thanks again,

Yoel

Hello, was wondering if there were any updates when the mic will be available as a real ALSA Device?

2 Likes

@yoelrc88 we have now mid of december … 2,5 months after your anouncement. Any update?

2 Likes

The new ALSA support seems to be finished in the kernel modules:

and a new big update might be coming soon:

1 Like