[Solved]How to Stop Blinking Blue LED?

For the small LED driven by the microcontroller, how do we update the firmware to disable it from flashing?

Thanks,
Sean

Hi @sjmill01,

The code running in the MCU is in this repo https://github.com/matrix-io/matrix-creator-mcu.

First you need to install:

sudo apt-get install gcc-arm-none-eabi

Then, get the code:

git clone https://github.com/matrix-io/matrix-creator-mcu

Edit the file matrix-creator-mcu/creator/main.cpp, line 82:

Then build it:

cd  matrix-creator-mcu/creator
make

Copy the ch.bin file to the blob folder:

sudo cp ./build/ch.bin /usr/share/matrixlabs/matrixio-devices/blob/ch.bin

Now you can flash the MCU:

cd /usr/share/matrixlabs/matrixio-devices/
sudo openocd -f cfg/sam3s_rpi_sysfs.cfg

the last part of the output should be:

flash 'at91sam3' found at 0x00400000
wrote 36604 bytes from file blob/ch.bin to flash bank 0 at offset 0x00000000 in 4.590543s (7.787 KiB/s)
Info : JTAG tap: em358.cpu tap/device found: 0x3ba00477 (mfg: 0x23b (ARM Ltd.), part: 0xba00, ver: 0x3)
Info : JTAG tap: em357.bs tap/device found: 0x069aa62b (mfg: 0x315 (Ember Corporation), part: 0x69aa, ver: 0x0)
Info : JTAG tap: xc6sxl4.fpga.fpga tap/device found: 0x24000093 (mfg: 0x049 (Xilinx), part: 0x4000, ver: 0x2)
Info : JTAG tap: sam3n.cpu.cpu tap/device found: 0x4ba00477 (mfg: 0x23b (ARM Ltd.), part: 0xba00, ver: 0x4)
Warn : Only resetting the Cortex-M core, use a reset-init event handler to reset anyperipherals or configure hardware srst support.
shutdown command invoked

If you have problem build the code or want to test it without doing it you can download this ch-led-off.bin. This was build with the change :). To revert this, either backup the previous bin file or download it from the repo here ch.bin

Let me know how it works.

-Yoel

Your instructions worked perfectly.

Now all that remains lit when shutting down is the Pi’s red light (as always) and the Matrix Creator single small blue light. That is very much acceptable.

With Alexa running as a service and having the full power of the Pi coupled to so many sensors - including the mic array and everloop - I don’t see me outgrowing this combination for my most advanced builds for years to come. You guys had a great vision.

Great work!

See ya’,
Sean