[Solved] LEDs do not work on Matrix Voice with Matrix OS

Hello,
as the title says, I have a Matrix Voice ESP32 with Matrix OS installed.
The OS boots up fine, and I can start and stop different Apps.
But the LEDs on the Matrix do not change the color or anything.

What can I do?

When I follow the steps in the Hardware Test I always get: *** MATRIX Voice has a updated firmware

sudo /usr/share/matrixlabs/matrixio-devices/fpga_info 
INFO: [/dev/matrixio_regmap] was opened
FPGA IDENTIFY = 6032bad2
FPGA VERSION = 1000a

Hi @hpposch. LEDs for MATRIX OS (MOS) do not currently work on MATRIX Voice. We’ve recently changed how we handle LEDs in MATRIX CORE, the layer used to build MOS, and the changes have yet to be implemented in MOS. Currently, MOS is under maintenance as we add more features to MATRIX CORE.

For now, I’d suggest using MATRIX CORE. The getting started section will explain everything you’ll need to understand and work with this layer.

If you’re comfortable with C++, MATRIX Hal is another alternative you can use.

Let us know if you have any more questions or suggestions.

Thank you for your answer :slight_smile:

Do I need an active internet connection to run my programs when I have matrix core installed?

It actually works with Matrix Core :slight_smile:
Thank you so much!!

Can I run any javascript application now?
Or is there anything I need to take care of?

MATRIX CORE does not require an internet connection for your applications.

Yes, if you’ve set everything up for MATRIX CORE and Javascript, you can make use of our Javascript examples for any additional implementations you want to add to your application.

Hello again,

i just want to ask if you already finished your development on Matrix Core so that using Matrix OS on Matrix Voice again.

I want to implement a offline voice recognition system with Pocketaphinx and a offline face recognition based on the example with the smart mirror.
Do you think the system is read to solve these tasks?

Thanks in advance and best regards!

Hello @hpposch,

We are still currently working on some changes to MATRIX Core as well as the kernel modules it relies on. Due to this, MOS is still under maintenance.

While MOS is under maintenance you can implement an offline voice recognition system using Snips.ai which we recently released a guide for here. For offline face recognition you could look into OpenCV as a solution.

Let us know if you have any more questions.