[Solved] Reset + install Matrix Voice ESP

Hi there.

I was trying to flash Snips Audio Server as described here: Matrix Voice as a standalone Mic for Snips That did not work - I only got mic_energy sample to work. A day later I had to restart from scratch (same pi + fresh rasbian + toolchain as described here https://www.hackster.io/matrix-labs/get-started-w-esp32-on-the-matrix-voice-d01e0d) No matter what I do, I don’t have /dev/ttyS0 anymore. The voice is still flashed (and working) with mic_energy sample. Whats going wrong here?

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo dpkg -l | grep matrixio
ii  libmatrixio-creator-hal:armhf   0.3.3                        armhf        Hardware Abstraction Layer for MATRIX.
ii  matrixio-creator-init           0.4.9                        armhf        Install scripts that can program the MATRIX Creator FPGA and SAM3 IMU.
ii  matrixio-openocd                1.0.1                        armhf        Open on-chip JTAG debug solution for ARM and MIPS systems
ii  matrixio-xc3sprog               1.1.1                        armhf        Spartan3, XCF and CPLD JTAG programmer and other utilities.

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo dpkg -l | grep matrix
ii  libmatrixio-creator-hal:armhf   0.3.3                        armhf        Hardware Abstraction Layer for MATRIX.
ii  matrixio-creator-init           0.4.9                        armhf        Install scripts that can program the MATRIX Creator FPGA and SAM3 IMU.
ii  matrixio-openocd                1.0.1                        armhf        Open on-chip JTAG debug solution for ARM and MIPS systems
ii  matrixio-xc3sprog               1.1.1                        armhf        Spartan3, XCF and CPLD JTAG programmer and other utilities.

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ lsmod | grep matrix
<nothing>

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ /usr/share/matrixlabs/matrixio-devices/fpga_info
can't open any device
FPGA IDENTIFY = 0 
FPGA VERSION = 10c4c

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo /usr/share/matrixlabs/matrixio-devices/matrix-init.bash
can't open any device
****  MATRIX Voice FPGA Software has been updated!
can't open any device

That could be solved by re-installing the matrix-creator-init package:

sudo apt-get remove matrixio-creator-init
sudo apt-get install matrixio-creator-init